Here are the main speakers at the next St. Louis Annual Conference on Reasons and Rationality, May 20-22, 2012.
Keynote: Jonathan Dancy (Texas/Reading), “More Right than Wrong”
* Nomy Arpaly (Brown) and Timothy Schroeder (Ohio State), “Acting and Believing for Reasons”
* Agnes Callard (Chicago), ”Introducing Socratic Anti-Intellectualism”
* Patricio Fernandez (Harvard), “Why Not Act?
* Ernesto Garcia (Massachusetts), “Explaining Constitutive Norms”
* Alex Gregory (Reading), “A Very Good Reason to Reject the Buck-Passing Account” * Ali Hasan (Iowa), “A Puzzle for Analyses of Rationality”
* Doug Portmore (Arizona State), “Perform Your Best Option”
* Abe Roth (Ohio State), “Team Reasoning, Shared Intention, and Non-Evidential Warrant for Belief”
* Michael Titelbaum (Wisconsin), “In Defense of Right Reasons”
* Daniel Whiting (Southampton), ”Reasons for Belief, the Aim of Belief, and the Aim of Action”
For more information, see http://www.umsl.edu/~slacrr/index.html