April 1, 2014
By S. Matthew Liao
Due to a failure to send out a final reminder, we are extending the deadline for submissions for the Second Annual Workshop for Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy from April 1 to April 15th.
The original call is repeated below.
We are pleased to announce that the Second Annual Workshop for Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy will be held at the University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, Sept. 4-5, 2014. There will be nine speakers:
– 6 invited speakers:
• Dave Estlund (keynote), Brown University,
• Serena Olsaretti (keynote), ICREA-Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain,
• Dick Arneson, UC San Diego,
• Niko Kolodny, UC Berkeley,
• Dani Attas, Hebrew University, Israel, and
• Anna Stilz, Princeton University
– 1 graduate student, whose paper will be selected from invited submissions (based on nominations from our Board of Advisors and from the speakers at the previous workshop; there are no open submissions for this slot);
– 2 recent Ph.D.s, defined as scholars who, as of April 1, 2014, are within fifteen (15) years of receiving a Ph.D. Independent scholars may also be eligible and should direct inquiries to the Editors of the Oxford Studies in Political Philosophy, care of Peter Vallentyne at email@example.com.
Information on submitting papers, and other relevant information about the workshop, can be found at the workshop website:http://oxfordstudies.arizona.edu/. Submissions are now being accepted. Registration to attend the workshop is also now open.
We would greatly appreciate your forwarding this email to colleagues and/or graduate students in your department, and to any other philosophers you believe might be interested in participating in the workshop.